Butamirate Citrate is used to relieve dry (non-productive) cough. Dry cough may be caused by a recent viral infection. Butamirate Citrate is also used for pre & post-operative cough sedation in patients who will undergo surgical procedures and bronchoscopy. It can be used in the acute cough of any etiology, whooping cough and cough due to acute lower respiratory tract infections (tracheitis, laryngitis, bronchitis) etc.
Dosage & Administration
Use in adult:
- Butamirate Citrate 50 mg tablet: 2-3 tablets daily.
- Butamirate Citrate syrup: 15 ml 4 times daily.
Use in children & adolescents:
Butamirate Citrate 50 mg tablet:
- Adolescent over 12 years old: 1-2 tablets daily.
Butamirate Citrate syrup:
- Children (3-6 yrs): 5 ml 3 times daily.
- Children (6-12 yrs): 10 ml 3 times daily.
- Adolescent: 15 ml 3 times daily.
Butamirate Citrate pediatric drops:
- Children ( 2 months- 1 yrs): 0.50 ml 4 times daily.
- Children (1-3 yrs): 0.75 ml 4 times daily.