Colitrol – IV Injection | 1 mcg/ml (1 ml ampoule)/pcs
Generic Name: Calcitriol
Therapeutic class: Vitamin D (Vitamins and Minerals)
Manufacturer: Incepta Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
Note: চিকিৎসকের পরামর্শ মোতাবেক ঔষধ সেবন করুন
Calcitriol is indicated in-
- Post-menopausal osteoporosis
- Renal osteodystrophy
- Postsurgical hypoparathyroidism
- Idiopathic hypoparathyroidism
- Secondary hyperparathyroidism in patients with moderate to severe chronic renal failure (pre-dialysis)
- Vitamin D dependent rickets
Dosage & Administration
The optimal daily dose of Calcitriol capsule must be carefully determined for each patient on the basis of serum calcium level.
In Post-menopausal Osteoporosis: The recommended dose of Calcitriol capsule is 0.25 mcg twice daily.
In Renal Osteodystrophy (dialysis patients): The initial daily dose is 0.25 mcg of Calcitriol capsule. In patients with normal or only slightly reduced calcium levels, doses of 0.25 mcg every other day are sufficient.
In Hypoparathyroidism and Rickets: The recommended initial dosage of Calcitriol capsule is 0.25 mcg/day which given in the morning. If within 2-4 weeks satisfactory response is not observed by usual dose then dose may be increased at 2-4 weeks intervals.
The recommended intravenous initial dose of Calcitriol injection, depending on the severity of the hypocalcemia and/or secondary hyperparathyroidism, is 1 mcg (0.02 mcg/kg) to 2 mcg administered three times weekly, approximately every other day. Doses as small as 0.5 mcg and as large as 4 mcg three times weekly have been used as an initial dose. If a satisfactory response is not observed, the dose may be increased by 0.5 to 1 mcg at two to four week intervals.
Pregnancy & Lactation
Precautions & Warnings
Use in Special Populations
Secondary hyperparathyroidism in patients with moderate to severe chronic renal failure (pre-dialysis)-
- The recommended initial dosage of Calcitriol is 0.25 mcg/day in adults and pediatric patients 3 years of age or older. This dosage may be increased if necessary to 0.5 mcg/day.
- For pediatric patients less than 3 years of age, the recommended initial dosage of Calcitriol is 10 to 15 ng/kg/day.
- In Elderly: No dosage adjustment are required.
There are no reviews yet.