No products in the cart.
Roll over image to zoom in
Click to open expanded view
Rheumatology: Inflammatory and degenerative forms of rheumatism, chronic involutive, polyarthritis, ankylosing spondylarthritis, osteoarthritis, spondylarthroses, acute gout, peri-articular rheumatic disorders.
Surgery and Traumatology: Sprain, bruises, dislocations, fractures, softtissue injuries, surgical interventions.
Obstetrics and Gynecology: Primary dysmenorrhoea, episiotomy, adnexitis, endometritis, parametritis, salpingitis, and mastitis.
Otorhinolaryngology: As pre-operative medication for the prevention of pain, inflammation, and swelling.
Dentistry: Post-operative and post-traumatic pain, inflammation, and swelling.
Other indications: For the prevention of pain and treatment of inflammation and swelling of patients operated in the urogenital tract, renal and biliary colic
Dosage & Administration
Diclofenac FC Tablet: Adults: 75-150 mg daily in 2 to 3 divided doses, preferably after food. Dose should be reduced in long term use.
Diclofenac SR Tablet:
- Adult: 1 tablet daily, taken whole with liquid, preferably at meal times. If necessary, the daily dose can be increased to 150 mg by supplementation with conventional tablets.
- Children: 1-3 mg of diclofenac/kg body wt. daily in divided doses.
- Elderly patients: In elderly or debilitated patients, the lowest effective dosage is recommended, although the pharmacokinetics of diclofenac sodium is not impaired to any clinically relevant extent in elderly patients.
Diclofenac Dispersible Tablet:
- Adults: The recommended daily dosage is 2-3 tablets and the maximum daily dose is 150 mg. In milder cases, 2 tablets of Diclofenac DT per day are sufficient. Diclofenac DT should preferably be taken before meals.
- Children: Diclofenac is not recommended in children for other indications except juvenile rheumatoid arthritis where the recommended dose is 1-3 mg/kg body weight. Diclofenac DT is to be dropped into a half-glass of water and the liquid is to be stirred to aid dispersion before swallowing. There is no information on the use of Diclofenac DT for more than 03 months.
Diclofenac TR Capsule: One capsule daily. Diclofenac TR should be taken preferably after mealtimes.
Diclofenac Suppository: For adults: 50 mg suppository 2-3 times daily. Maximum daily dose is 150 mg.
Diclofenac injection: For adults the usual dose is 1 ampoule daily. In serious cases this dose may be increased up to 2 ampoules daily.
Diclofenac Gel: For external use only. Depending on the size of area to be treated, 2-4 g of Diclofenac gel should be applied to the skin 3-4 times daily. To the affected area gel should be rubbed in lightly. This gel may also be given in addition to further treatment with other dosage forms of Diclofenac.
Diclofenac Sodium is generally well tolerated. Adverse effects are mild, rare and transient. At the starting of the treatment, however, patients may be sometimes complaining of epigastric pain, eructation, nausea and diarrhea or dizziness or headache. These effects are usually mild in nature. Peripheral edema and skin reactions, such as rash and eczema have also been encountered. Diclofenac Sodium Gel may cause local irritation and reddening of the skin and skin rash.
Pregnancy & Lactation
During pregnancy, Diclofenac should be employed only for compelling reasons. The lowest effective dose should be used. These types of drugs are not recommended during the first trimester of pregnancy. In view of insufficient clinical data, Diclofenac Sodium Gel is not recommended during pregnancy. A very insignificant quantity of Diclofenac may be detected in breast milk but no undesirable effects on the infant to be expected.
Precautions & Warnings
In rare instances where peptic ulceration or gastrointestinal bleeding occurs in patients under treatment with Diclofenac. In patients with advanced age should be kept under close observation. Diclofenac Sodium Gel should not be allowed to come in contact with the eyes or mucus membranes, after application the hands should be washed properly and not to be taken by mouth.
Store in a cool and dry place, protected from light. Store below 30°C. Keep out of the reach of children.