No products in the cart.
Roll over image to zoom in
Click to open expanded view
Estriol cream is indicated for the defficiency of estrogen. During menopause, the amount of estrogens produced by a woman’s body gradually drops. Shortage of estrogens causes the vaginal wall to become thin and dry which leads to painful sexual intercourse. Estriol cream is used to relieve painful sexual intercourse. This is used in postmenopausal women with at least 12 months since their last natural period. If the ovaries are removed surgically (ovariectomy) before menopause, the decrease in estrogen production occurs very abruptly.
Dosage & Administration
Estriol cream should be used as per physician’s advice. Each dose of cream contains 0.5 mg estriol.
- For vulvo-vaginal complaints associated with menopause: Initially one dose of cream per day for 3 weeks. Later you may only need one dose of cream twice a week.
- Before surgery: One dose of cream daily 2 weeks before the operation. When having a Pap smear your doctor may recommend a daily application of cream for 7 days.
- Local irritation or itching of vagina, Swelling and increased tenderness of the breasts, Increased vaginal discharge, Nausea, Fluid retention in the tissues, usually marked by swollen ankles or feet.
- In most patients these side effects will disappear after the first weeks of treatment. Tell your doctor if vaginal bleeding occurs or if any side effect becomes troublesome or persists.
- Other side effects which may occur with HRT are benign and malignant hormone-dependent tumors such as endometrial cancer, heart attack and stroke, gall bladder disease, skin problems such as rashes, discoloration or red patches on the skin, various skin diseases with blisters and nodules or bleeding into the skin, venous thromboembolism or deep leg or pelvic venous thrombosis and pulmonary embolism (see Before you use Estriol Cream). Using HRT for several years slightly increases the risk of breast cancer.
Pregnancy & Lactation
This medicine is contraindicated during pregnancy & lactation.
Precautions & Warnings
Patients should keep under doctor’s observation for any Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT). Same role is applicable for the application of Estriol cream. Doctor will give continuous advice regarding risks & benefts of the drug. But in case of jaundice, sudden high blood pressure, migraine, severe headache or pregnancy, the use of Estriol cream will be stopped immediately. Children’s are not allowed to use Estriol cream.
Drugs for Infertility, Drugs for menopausal symptoms: Hormone replacement therapy, Female Sex hormones
Store below 25°C. Protect from light and moisture. Keep out of reach of children.