Lipostat – 20 mg Tablet/pcs
- Brand: Navana Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Generic Name: Atorvastatin
Therapeutic class: Statins (Lipid Modifying Preparations)
Manufacturer: Navana Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Note: চিকিৎসকের পরামর্শ মোতাবেক ঔষধ সেবন করুন
Atorvastatin is indicated as an adjunct to diet to reduce elevated total cholesterol, LDL cholesterol, apolipoprotein B (Apo-B) and triglycerides levels in following diseases when response to diet and other non-pharmacological measures is inadequate.
- To reduce total cholesterol and LDL cholesterol in patients with heterozygous and homozygous familial hypercholesterolaemia.
- To reduce elevated cholesterol and triglycerides in patient with mixed dyslipidemia (Fredrickson Type Ia and Ib).
- For the treatment of patients with elevated serum triglyceride levels in hypertriglyceridaemia (Fredrickson Type IV).
- For the treatment of patients with dysbetalipoproteinaemia (Fredrickson Type III).
- To reduce cardiac ischaemic events in patients with asymptomatic or mild to moderate symptomatic coronary artery disease with elevated LDL-cholesterol level.
- To reduce total and LDL-cholesterol concentrations patients with hypercholesterolemia associated with or exacerbated by diabetes mellitus or renal transplantation.
Dosage & Administration
Primary hypercholesterolaemia and combined hyperlipidaemia-
- Adults: Usually 10 mg once daily; if necessary, may be increased at intervals of at least 4 weeks to max. 80 mg once daily.
- Child (10-18 years): Initially 10 mg once daily, increased if necessary at intervals of at least 4 weeks to usual max. 20 mg once daily.
- Adults: Initially 10 mg daily, increased at intervals of at least 4 weeks to 40 mg once daily; if necessary, further increased to max. 80 mg once daily (or 40 mg once daily combined with anion-exchange resin in heterozygous familial hypercholesterolaemia).
- Child (10-18 years): Initially 10 mg once daily, increased if necessary at intervals of at least 4 weeks to usual max. 80 mg once daily.
Prevention of cardiovascular events-
- Adults: Initially 10 mg once daily adjusted according to response.
Pregnancy & Lactation
Precautions & Warnings
Use in Special Populations
Geriatric Use: Of the 39,828 patients who received Atorvastatin in clinicalstudies, 15,813 (40%) were ≥65 years old and 2,800 (7%) were ≥75 years old. No overall differences in safety or effectiveness were observed between these subjects and younger subjects, and other reported clinicalexperience has not identified differences in responses between the elderly and younger patients, but greater sensitivity of some older adults cannot be ruled out. Since advanced age (≥65 years) is a predisposing factor for myopathy, Atorvastatin should be prescribed with caution in the elderly.
Hepatic Impairment: Atorvastatin is contraindicated in patients with active liver disease whichmay include unexplained persistent elevations in hepatic transaminase levels
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
There are no reviews yet.