Moxaclav – 500 mg+125 mg Tablet/pcs
- Brand: Square Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Generic Name: Amoxicillin + Clavulanic acid
Therapeutic class: Penicillins (Penicillins and Cephalosporins)
Manufacturer: Square Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Co-amoxiclav is indicated for short-term treatment of bacterial infections at the following sites:
- Upper respiratory tract infections (including ENT) e.g.tonsillitis,sinusitis,otitis media.
- Lower respiratory tract infections e.g.acute and chronic bronchitis, lobar and bronchopneumonia.
- Genito-urinary tract infections e.g.cystitis,urethritis,pyelonephritis.
- Skin and soft tissue infections.
- Bone and joint infections e.g.osteomyelitis.
- Other infections e.g.septic abortion,puerperal sepsis,intra-abdominal sepsis etc.
Adults and children over 12 years:
- The usual adult dose is one 625 mg Tablet every 12 hours or one 375 mg Tablet every 8 hours.
- For more severe infections and infections of the respiratory tract, the dose should be one 1 gm Tablet every 12 hours or one 625 mg Tablet every 8 hours.
- Children 6-12 years: 2 teaspoonful every 8 hours.
- Children 1-6years: 1 teaspoonful every 8 hours.
- Children below 1 year: 25 mg/kg/day in divided doses every 8 hours, for example a 7.5 kg child would require 2 ml suspension t.i.d, Treatment should not be extended beyond 14 days without review.
- The usual recommended daily dosage: 25/3.6 mg/kg/day in mild to moderate infections (upper respiratory tract infections e.g. recurrent tonsilitis, lower respiratory infections, and skin and soft tissue infections)।
- For serious infections: 45/6.4 mg/kg/day for the treatment of more serious infections (upper respiratory tract infections, e.g. otitis media and sinusitis, lower respiratory infections e.g. bronchopneumonia, and urinary tract infections).
Children of 2 to 12 years:
Mild to moderate infections:
- 25/3.6 mg/kg/day (Suspension)
- 2-6 years (13-21 kg) 2.5 ml suspension b.i.d
- 7-12years (22-40kg) 5 ml suspension b.i.d
- 45/6.4 mg/kg/day (Forte Suspension)
- 2-6 years (13-21 kg) 5 ml suspension b.i.d
- 7-12 years (22-40 kg) 10 ml suspension b.i.d
- Usually, 1.2 gm every 8 hours
- Increased in more serious infections to 1.2 gm every 6 hours
- For surgical prophylaxis: The usual dose is 1.2 gm at induction, for high risk procedures (eg. colorectal surgery) up to 2-3 gm may be given every 8 hours.
- 0 to 3 months: 30 mg/kg every 8 hours. (every 12 hours in the perinatal period and in premature infants.
- 3 months to 12 years: Usually 30 mg/kg every 8 hours increased in more serious infection to 30 mg/kg every 6 hours.
Pregnancy & Lactation
Precautions & Warnings
Use in Special Populations
The dose should be adjusted in case of patients with renal impairment
- Mild impairment (Creatinine clearance> 30ml/minute): No changein dosage.
- Moderate impairment (Creatinine clearance 10-30 ml/minute): One 375 Tablet or one 625 Tablet 12 hourly or 1.2 gm IV followed by 0.6 gm IV 12 hourly.
- Severe impairment (Creatinine clearance <10 ml/minute): Not more than one 375 mg tablet 12 hourly or 1.2 gm IV followed by 0.6 gm IV 24 hourly. Dialysis decreases serum concentrations of this preparation and an additional 0.6 gm IV dose may need to be given during dialysis and at the end of dialysis.
- A similar reduction in dosage should be made for children.
- Administration hepatic impairment: Dose with caution; monitor hepatic function at regular intervals.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.