No products in the cart.
Roll over image to zoom in
Click to open expanded view
Fexofenadine Hydrochloride is indicated for the relief of symptoms associated with seasonal allergic rhinitis in adults and children. It is also indicated for the treatment of uncomplicated skin manifestations of chronic idiopathic urticaria.
Seasonal Allergic Rhinitis-
Adults and children 12 years and older:
- Tablet: 60 mg twice daily or 120 mg once daily or 180 mg once daily
- In case of impaired renal function: 60 mg once daily
Children from 6 to 11 years:
- Tablet: 30 mg twice daily or 60 mg once daily
- In case of impaired renal function: 30 mg once daily
Children from 2 to 11 years
- Suspension: 30 mg or 5 ml twice daily
- In case of impaired renal function: 30 mg or 5 ml once daily
Common side effects are headache, fatigue, drowsiness, nausea, dry mouth and gastrointestinal disturbances.
Pregnancy & Lactation
US FDA pregnancy category of Fexofenadine Hydrochloride is C. So, Fexofenadine Hydrochloride should be avoided in pregnancy and lactation unless the potential benefits to the other outweigh the possible risks to the fetus.
Precautions & Warnings
Caution should be exercised in elderly patient and patient with decreased renal function.
In case of an overdose, standard measures to remove any unabsorbed drug should be employed. Symptomatic and supportive treatment is recommended. There has been no reported case of an acute overdose of Fexofenadine hydrochloride.
Keep in a dry place away from light and heat. Keep out of the reach of children.